Trying to learn a new language but facing more roadblocks than you anticipated? Maybe it’s not all your fault. These following languages are among the most difficult to learn. Browse through the list to see whether the language you’re learning figures among them –
· Mandarin – Mandarin is rich with idioms and aphorisms unfamiliar to a foreign language speaker. Every sound in its phonetic transcription system has four separate pronunciations and makes learning Mandarin a headache for most language students.
· Finnish – Finnish has 15 different noun cases as opposed to English’s three. You can guess why mastering Finnish would be a task.
· Arabic – Arabic is not an easy language to learn. First, it has various dialects. Then, its vowels are not included in writing and the letters have four different forms for where they’re placed in a word.
· Russian – Russian requires you to memorize an entirely different alphabet. The vowels are alien and the spellings can be challenging to learn.
· Japanese – Japanese has three separate writing systems with their own independent alphabets. You have to memorize thousands of characters before you can even begin to write in Japanese.
The languages listed above are some of the most difficult to master in the world. So, is the language you’re learning on it?